1. TO ENTER the Much VJ Search Viewer Jackpot contest (the “Contest”) simply visit the web site located at www.muchmusic.com/vjsearch, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the site. If you have registered for a MuchCloser Username and password on a previous occasion, you may enter the Contest for a prize by completing the online entry, using your MuchCloser Username and password. If you do not have a MuchCloser Username and password, sign up for one by filling out the online entry form with your first name, last name, home (mailing address), email address, ten digit daytime and evening telephone number and date of birth. There is no fee for a MuchCloser account. Limit of one Contest registration per individual. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age and ten digit daytime and evening telephone number and complete a trivia question as described below. Contest starts at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, April 1, 2013 and closes on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize (the "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
Viewer Jackpot Trivia Badges:
During the Contest Period, there is one method of entry for your chance to win:
1. Watch the VJ Search on MuchMusic Weeknights at 6:00 p.m. ET (April 1 – 26) or at muchmusic.com/vjsearch
2. After each episode, go to muchmusic.com/vjsearch and log in with MuchCloser;
3A. Answer the episodic trivia question before 6:00 p.m. ET the next day to earn a “$250 Viewer Jackpot Badge” for your MuchCloser account and give you one (1) ballot into the Prize draw.
3B: Answer an episodic trivia question at any other time during the Contest Period to earn a “$125 Viewer Jackpot Badge” and give you one (1) ballot into the Prize draw.
Maximum of 20 ballots into the Prize draw per individual is permitted. A user can only earn one trivia badge per episode.
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsor").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be fourteen (14) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a Prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts the Prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of a cheque – the value dependent on the number of “Viewer Jackpot Badges” earned during the Contest Period. The highest possible Prize value is $5,000 CAD (based on earning a “$250 Viewer Jackpot Badge” for all 20 trivia questions during the Contest Period.) The lowest possible Prize value is $125 CAD (based on earning a “$125 Viewer Jackpot Badge” for 1 trivia question during the Contest Period.) Prize also includes twelve (12) bottles of Garnier Fructis Fruit Sensation Passion Splash Shampoo (384mL) and twelve (12) bottles of Garnier Fructis Fruit Sensation Passion Splash Conditioner (384mL.)
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold or transferred. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On or after Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at approximately 1:00 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc. offices, in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible ballots received for the Prize draw during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner (and if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest, the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor has the right to disqualify potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Friday, May 17, 2013.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at 299 Queen St. W, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Z5.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.