- Jen Rade
- Not only is Jen Rade one of the premiere Stylists in the business, she is also the head of the MMA's junior assistant program, acting as Margaret Maldonado's eyes and ears when it comes to the junior assistants. When not keeping the assistants in line, Jen is busy styling some of the biggest names in Hollywood. Jen's has styled numerous music videos with clients such as Pink, Marilyn Manson, LL Cool J, Avril Lavigne, Dave Matthews Band, AFI, and Korn. Her work with Filter received a VH1/Vogue Fashion Award nomination for "Most Fashionable Video."
In addition, Jennifer has costumed designed a number of commercials for companies such as iPod and Target , for which she received the 2005 & 2007 Costume Designer's Guild Award for "Best Commercial Costume Design." She has also worked on editorials for Esquire, W, Harper's Bazaar UK, Marie Claire, GQ and CosmoGirl. Her high standard of excellence and no nonsense work ethic definitely keeps the junior assistants on their toes!
- Eric L. Archibald
- Ever since he was a boy growing up in the Caribbean, Eric Archibald knew he wanted to be a Stylists. Conquering New York City first, Eric now splits his time between New York City and Los Angeles, styling some of the biggest names in music and movies. Since his start, he has drawn on his inspirations to create his signature aesthetic that conveys a classically sexy and chic look with an edge. His work with Usher on the "8701 Tour" ranks as one of the most defining moments of Eric's career.
Eric's work has been featured in media ranging from music videos and tours to television and commercials to personal appearances and editorials, such as Harpers Bazaar, People, GQ, Glamour, Marie Claire. Clients have included Usher, R. Kelly, Faith Evans, Kirstie Alley, Tyra Banks, Toni Braxton, P. Diddy, Britney Spears, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain, Tahlia, Rebecca Romijn, and The Dave Matthews Band are among the celebrities with whom Eric has worked with. He has also styled for Season 2 of "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency," and created looks for Jenny Craig, Verizon, Hershey's Kisses, and Burger King. Eric may seem soft spoken, but that doesn't mean he's a pushover, if the junior assistants cross him, they will learn quickly that Eric Archibald doesn't mess around.
- Julie Weiss
- Don't let her youthful look fool you...Julie Weiss means business! Her unique styling keeps celebrity clients coming back for more and her passion for fashion is unmatched. Clients have included Terrance Howard, Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears. She has worked with artists Kid Rock, Kanye West, NKOTB, The Pussycat Dolls and The Thrills and just recently styled an Eva Longoria Parker film. Born and raised in Los Angeles, she caught the fashion bug interning in Paris for Christian Lacroix and then continued to pursue fashion in Los Angeles after graduating from University of Arizona. Although she is only a few years older than some of the junior assistants, she will make sure they all know who is boss, and its best for everyone if they remember that, when on her jobs, she's in charge.
- Gary was born to be a stylist! After studying Fashion Design at Parsons, he not only has a natural eye for fashion but also the experience to back it up. Dedicated and driven, Gary, upon completion of his internship at Vogue, turned down a permanent position there. Although he does not intentionally seek out drama, he will have absolutely no problem telling people off and volunteering unwelcome opinions. Never one to lack vision, Gary has an eye for creativity that makes even the senior stylists take note, but his inability to focus tends to get him in trouble. Suffering from ADD, staying on task is not his strong suit, but when things get chaotic, Gary thrives. As the competition narrows, look for Gary to give all the junior assistants a run for their money.
- Tara is one of a kind. Quirky, dark, silly and articulate, this punk rock Persian chick is all attitude and sass. Tara grew up in Orange County, where she describes herself as a complete "fish out of water." She has an eccentric sense of style, and idolizes Patti Smith, Courtney Love, and Axl Rose for their daring/dirty take on fashion. She's spunky and smart, and she currently works at Betsey Johnson in retail as well as at the showroom where she interns. Tara is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to fashion, but her sense of style is not that of your average 22-year-old. She's wise beyond her years and has a biting wit that will surely polarize. She resents the close mindedness that comes along with living in Orange County, and she can't stand the "celebrity wannabes" that come into her store and go shopping for "dresses to wear to Les Deux." Tara is likable because she's funny, unique and unapologetic as to who she is, but watch for her outspoken nature to get her into trouble. Not everyone appreciates her candor, especially when her witty zingers are directed at them. With the most in depth knowledge of the fashion world, the other junior stylists see Tara as the one to beat in this junior assistant program.
- Blond, bubbly and an ex-cheerleader, Janna is a true valley girl. Janna hopes to one day be able to afford couture, but for now she is okay being a self proclaimed "Forever Girl," as most of her wardrobe comes from Forever 21. Growing up as a military brat, she did not establish her taste for fashion until she was twelve yrs old, after she was made fun of for wearing knock-off Sketchers in middle school. Now Janna is turning fashion into a career, studying at the Fashion Institute of Design and merchandising in Los Angeles. Ultimately, Janna wants to help people discover their fashion sense as well. Insecure, moody and a huge gossip, Janna's nickname is "big mouth brown". Her inability to keep secrets and tendency to talk behind people's backs will definitely cause a scene and she absolutely has no problem stabbing someone in the back to advance herself. If Janna wants to win this contract, she's going to have to play tough because she has a lot to learn about fashion compared to some of her compatriots.
- Brett is a complete and total character. Kansas City born and bred, he couldn't wait to get out of the midwest. He moved to Los Angeles with $500 in his pocket, and even had to live in his car for three months to make ends meet. He has worked a lot of retail in his life, from Abercrombie and Fitch, to Ed Hardy and he currently makes ends meet as a bartender. He's not afraid to embrace more daring fashion, and equates his style to a male version of Betsey Johnson. He has no formal training in the styling arena, besides the advice he dishes out to his friends and co-workers on a daily basis. But when Brett plays, he plays to win. He openly admits that "he can be a bitch" and describes himself as "very competitive." The other junior stylists better watch out because Brett has his eye on the prize and will stop at nothing to get that contract.
- Cody is the new guy in town. Born into a family with roots in fashion, Styling is something Cody has always wanted to do. His mother made her mark working as a VP of sales for Versace, among other companies within the fashion industry. Cody has considered a career in the business side of fashion, but has decided it is on the creative side that his passion lays. As the resident single straight guy in the program, Cody is ready to take advantage of the perks that come with working in a predominantly female industry. An incorrigible flirt, ladies must beware when he is around. Despite his flirtatious nature, Cody means business and he is ready to do what it takes to win. As Brett's replacement, Cody recognizes he has his work cut out for him to prove that he deserves to be there as much as the rest of them, but like any other challenge in his life, Cody is ready to take this one head on and prove that, not only does he belong in the program, he deserves to win the contract.
This reality series, produced by Bunim-Murray Productions and the Margaret Maldonado Agency, follows the real lives (friendship, love, & career) of five junior assistants as they toil for three glamorous, high-end celebrity stylists. The documentary series follows the young junior assistants on the job - music videos, movies, red carpets, etc - and also follows them in their off-hours as they find romance, plot against each other, and try to make it big in a difficult industry, all while living on a meager junior assistant salary - and all while looking great!
Each episode includes the styling of famous Hollywood celebrities. The three senior stylists include: Jen Rade (Pink & Amy Winehouse), Eric Archibald (Puffy & Usher), and Julie Weiss (Britney Spears & Eva Longoria).
Catch what happens when you mix A-list celebrities, high profile stylists, and eager junior stylists all vying for a coveted job with the Margaret Maldonado Agency!
Talk About The Show
#StyL'D on Twitter.com
Follows the real lives of five junior assistants as they toil for three glamorous, high-end celebrity stylists.
* Available on Bell & Telus. See carrier for details.
- Music Videos
- disBAND - Season 1
- We're Experiencing Technical Difficulties