When electro-rock sensation Lights first hit the music scene in 2008, she was just a songwriter with a synth and a dream. Her name may have been pluralized but Lights Poxleitner was a one-woman show who played and programmed her own instruments and sang her own lyrics.
This admirable self-reliance is rare in pop-in fact, Lights, signed a publishing deal at 16 and began writing songs for other artists-but after her 2008 self-titled debut EP (precocious enough to earn her a best new artist Juno) and gold... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- LIGHTS Lets Subtleties Shine at Hometown Acoustic Show
- Just days after her MuchMusic Office Session and an acoustic appearance on New.Music.Live., LIGHTS took the stage at Toronto’s historic Winter Garden Theatre with another stripped-down performance worthy of such a beautiful venue. Armed only with her piano, two guitars and cellist/backup vocalist Kevin Fox, the Toronto songwriter played nearly all of the songs from [...] (read more)
Wed, May 15, 2013
- It’ll get hot with Much Presents: Marianas Trench in Toronto!
- Guys, control your screaming. Why? Oh, you didn’t hear? We’re stuttering over Much Presents: Marianas Trench with special guests Lights and DiRTY RADiO! These amazing Canadian artists will be performing at the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre right here in Toronto on Friday, July 12! Tickets go on sale Friday, May 10 at 12PM EST for this [...] (read more)
Mon, May 06, 2013
- Today’s Top 10: Out Of This World Videos
- Are you as excited about the release of The Host as we are? We can’t wait to see the new Stephanie Meyer’s alien flick! To get you in the mood, we’ve got a list of the best videos that are set in outer space! Don’t miss brand new episodes of Today’s Top 10 every Monday [...] (read more)
Wed, Mar 27, 2013
- Lights releases acoustic Cactus In the Valley with Owl City
- Lights is going unplugged with her upcoming album, Siberia Acoustic, which will feature ten acoustic versions of tracks from her 2011 JUNO nominated disc, Siberia. The new record will feature guest vocals from Max Kerman of The Arkells, Couer de pirate and Owl City’s Adam Young, who appears on the album’s lead single, Cactus In [...] (read more)
Mon, Mar 18, 2013
View More News »
- Lights celebrates the release of Siberia on New.Music.Live.
- To celebrate the release of her amazing sophomore album Siberia, LIGHTS spent a full hour on NML talking to hosts Phoebe Dykstra and Jesse Giddings, meeting her fans who had lined up all day for the singer and rocking out to new and old tracks on the NML stage. LIGHTS even surprised the audience with [...] (view gallery)
Wed, Oct 05, 2011
- These Kids Wear Crowns highlight their amazing tour
- These Kids Wear Crowns have just wrapped up their cross-Canada tour with Hedley, San Sebastian and Lights! It would appear that good times were had by all. How good? Find out in the gallery below. The band, including their tour manager, and videographer extraordinaire (follow him on Twitter and hear TKWC rap!) tell you, the [...] (view gallery)
Wed, Oct 20, 2010
- These Kids Wear Crowns finish their first cross-Canada tour!
- These Kids here. Home again after our last date in Mississauga, ON for the ‘The Show Must Go’ tour with Hedley, Lights and San Sebastian. Mississauga reminded me a lot of Mississippi. The word, I’ve never been there. Except with a different ending. Which is fitting, as this is the end. Not of TKWC or [...] (view gallery)
Wed, Oct 06, 2010
- Red Carpet Pictures from the Junos
- Check out some fly pics of the stars! (view gallery)
Mon, Apr 19, 2010
View More Photos »