OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Saturday, June 15th from 5:00pm ET to 9:00pm PT
1. TO ENTER the @muchmusic MMVA Wristband Giveaway TWITTER contest (the “Contest”) from your Twitter account, follow the @MuchMusic account and tweet the following phrase “RT to win! The 2013 #MMVA are tomorrow at 9E/6P & I wanna win the LAST pair of wristbands from @muchmusic! Rules at: http://ow.ly/lT0N0. Your Entry Tweet must be a targeted reply to Contest Sponsor’s Twitter account (“@muchmusic”) using Twitter’s “@Reply” function (each a “Reply”, collectively the “Replies”).(Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com (“Twitter web site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account). In addition, eligible entrants will need to become a “follower” of the official @muchmusic channel (the “Follower(s)”). To become a Follower, an eligible entrant must: (i) visit www.twitter.com/muchmusic or (ii) from his/her Twitter home page, click on the "Find People" tab and perform a search for "muchmusic"; and (iii) click on the "Follow" button corresponding to the official @muchmusic channel. Any Reply that does not follow the above format will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Contest. Incorrect and/or incomplete Replies and Replies received outside the applicable Contest Period, and/or Replies that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Contest Sponsor wishes to associate (all as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be void. All Replies must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com. By following @muchmusic and sending the Reply including the link to the rules, you agree to these official rules. You are required to follow the @muchmusic Twitter account located at www.twitter.com/muchmusic so you can see the Prize Winner announcement to see if you’re the potential winner (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All entries are subject to verification. Limit of one (1) entry per individual and per Twitter account. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than one time during the Contest Period, all of your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by www.twitter.com. An entrant/Follower may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the selected Reply. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Contest Sponsor’s @muchmusic inbox and may not thus be received by Contest Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Contest Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
2. Contest starts at 5pm ET on Saturday June 15th and closes on Saturday June 15th at 9pm ET (the “Contest Period”). There is 1 prize (the "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
3. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada excluding Quebec and be fourteen (14) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
5.Prize - There is one (1) Prize, consisting of two MMVA wristbands for the 2013 MMVAs on Sunday, June 16th. These prizes have no retail value.
6.Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. The Prize(s) may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
7.On Saturday June 15th at approximately 9:01pm ET, a random draw for the Prize(s) will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, On from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the/a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact [each] potential winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a prize by using the direct message feature on Twitter for the user account that posted the potentially winning entry Tweet, within two (2) business days from the draw. Potential winner must respond within two (2) business days according to the instructions in the notification, or he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. If potential winner is not a follower of @muchmusic then potential winner will have to set their potentially winning Twitter account to follow @muchmusic (so that Contest Sponsor will be able to send a private direct message via Twitter) within the time stated in the notice of Contest Sponsor's submission of an @Reply to the potential winner or else Contest Sponsor may disqualify that potential winner's entry. Potential winner may discontinue following @muchmusic after the completion of the eligibility verification and prize fulfillment procedures. It is each entrant’s responsibility to set his or her account settings to accept contacts by Contest Sponsor and to timely check his or her Twitter account for any such direct messages or @Replies. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc.. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Saturday, June 15th at 11:59pm ET.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9.All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Tweets, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting name(s) of the Prize winner(s) (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials ordata that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
11.In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12.All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.