MUZIK OFFICIAL MMVA AFTER PARTY? & MUCH
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Tuesday June 11, 2013 – Friday June 14, 2013
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. TO ENTER the ?MUZIK MMVA AFTER PARTY? & MUCH contest (the “Contest”) simply visit the web site located at mmva.muchmusic.com, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the site. If you have registered for a MuchCloser Username and password on a previous occasion, you may enter the Contest for a prize by completing the online entry, using your MuchCloser Username and password. If you do not have a MuchCloser Username and password, sign up for one by filling out the online entry form with your first name, last name, home (mailing address), email address, ten digit daytime and evening telephone number and date of birth. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age and ten digit day time and evening telephone number. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. Contest starts at 3:00p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Tuesday June 11, 2013 and closes on Friday June 14, 2013 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There are twenty (20) Muzik MMVA After Party VIP Double Passes, each a “Prize” to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit of one Prize per entrant. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (MuchMusic) (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”) and the prize provider is and Muzik Night Club, Nightclub At Exhibition Place.
3.To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be nineteen (19) years of age or older. Officers, directors, employees, independent contractors and their respective parents, siblings and children, and persons with whom they are domiciled with (whether related or not) of any of the Contest Sponsors, and each of their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, licensors, divisions, distributors, prize sponsors, and their respective promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter this Contest or win any prize. Entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. A winner of a MuchMusic contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
There are twenty (20) Muzik MMVA After Party VIP Double Passeseach including lineup bypass at Muzik on Sunday June 16, 2013 and complimentary entry for winner and guest.
Muzik Nightclub is located at Exhibition Place
15 Saskatchewan Road
Both Winner and Guest must provide legal proof of age documentation stating both Winner and Guest are minimum of nineteen (19) years or age to be admitted entry to Muzik Nightclub. Name on legal documentation must match name provided at time of entry.
Entry begins at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Entry after 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) is not guaranteed.
Winner’s first and last name will be on the Guest list at Muzik Nightclub on Sunday June 16, 2013.
Approximate retail value of each VIP Double Pass is Fourty Dollars ($40.00) Cdn.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the winner once the booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. Contest Sponsors are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Sponsors’ sole control.
6. On or after Friday, June 14, 2013 at approximately 12:30 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first twenty (20) entries to be drawn will be eligible to win one (1) Muzik MMVA After Party VIP Double Pass. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc. (MuchMusic) acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner by telephone or e-mail within one (1) business day after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. (MuchMusic). Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later then Sunday, June 16, 2013.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically warrant and represent that they agree to accept and be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Contest Sponsors. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. By entering this Contest, the entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors and each of their respective licensors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, or participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest.
9.All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting the Official Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Official Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
10.Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. (MuchMusic) at 299 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Z5.
11.In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Prizes provided courtesy of Muzik Nightclub, Nightclubs At Exhibition Place.