When singer, songwriter, and musician Avril Lavigne first burst upon the music scene at age 17, she was known as a young, pop-punk tomboy who refused to resort to skin-baring come-ons, preferring to entice the record-buying public with her powerhouse voice, high-spirited melodies, and straight-talking lyrics. Staying steadfastly true to herself and putting music before image paid off both critically and commercially for the Canadian-born artist. In 2002, Lavigne shot to global pop stardom with the 6x-platinum Let G... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- You’re welcome, Universe. Much brought Chavril together
- Avril Lavigne was just on Chelsea Lately and revealed that though she initially thought she met her current husband Chad Kroeger in the studio, she actually met him years ago when she was eighteen at the MuchMusic Video Awards in 2002! In the clip, Chelsea showed the audience a photo of the two onstage while […] (read more)
Thu, Nov 14, 2013
- Was it just us or did the new Chavril music video make you feel weird?
- It’s been over a year since Chavril was revealed to the world and those engagement photos were plastered all over the internet with reactions like “WTF” and “Oh, Canada!” (both are valid). Since then, the couple has tied the knot and released their anticipated duet, Let Me Go. And yet, we’re still weirded out by […] (read more)
Wed, Oct 16, 2013
- Chavril duet on new song (and 9 other couple collabs)
- Newlyweds Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger have no only solidified their love with vows and a ceremony, but they’ve also bonded together in the name of music. Let Me Go is the latest single off of Avril’s upcoming self-titled album (out November 5th) and features guest vocals from her hubby and Nickelback frontman. It’s a […] (read more)
Mon, Oct 07, 2013
- 5 artists who tried to make their outfits work at iHeartRadio
- The annual iHeartRadio festival took place in LA over the weekend and showcased performances from some of the biggest artists in pop music (check out our list of the Top 5 performances). The music was great and the fashion was even greater. Actually, it was really weird and odd and in some cases must have […] (read more)
Mon, Sep 23, 2013
View More News »
- Avril Lavigne comes home to MuchMusic!
- Avril Lavigne has come a long way in ten years from winning a competition to sing onstage with her idol Shania Twain to selling out stadiums around the world. But the Napanee native is always happy to come home to Canada, telling NML host Lauren Toyota that she is still excited every time she’s on [...] (view gallery)
Tue, Oct 25, 2011
- TVD, PLL, Teen Wolf + Biebs & RPattz: Watch The Teen Choice Awards Thanksgiving Monday on Much!
- Throw in some Gossip Girl, Secret Life Of The American Teenager and Make It Or Break It and MuchMusic’s programming was repping it BIG TIME at the 2011 Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles. Add in Sean Kingston’s first official appearance after getting stitched up, Selena Gomez posing up with Demi Lovato, and Chord Overstreet […] (view gallery)
Sat, Oct 08, 2011
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez? Hottest Hook Ups of 2010!
- This year we’ve seem some big name relationships come out of left field…like, way out (Brody and Avril, anyone?). Let’s countdown what couples made the top of the hot list in 2010. Hopefully they won’t be on our break up list in 2011! Unless it’s Jake and Taylor in which case call me, Jake! Check […] (view gallery)
Thu, Dec 30, 2010
- Top 10 Canadians to Watch In 2011
- Cold? Not south of the 49 it ain’t! It’s scorching down there thanks to the likes of our hot Canadian talent. They’re proud to stand on guard for thee as they drop new albums, glam up the richest zipcode in history, make-out with vampires and light up the silver screen! Check out the hottest Canadian […] (view gallery)
Fri, Dec 24, 2010
View More Photos »