Employing a stylish mix of arty, confessional bedroom pop and club-ready electro-rock that has drawn comparisons to the likes of Grimes, Lana Del Rey, and Sky Ferreira, New Zealand singer/songwriter Ella Yelich-O'Connor, who goes by the stage name Lorde, became an Internet sensation at the age of 16 with the video for her debut single, "Royals," which garnered over 750,000 hits on YouTube. Her 2013 debut EP, The Love Club, hit the number one spot on both the New Zealand and Australian charts. The New Zealander cont... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For A Night, But Did She Get Paid?
- Lorde appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon this week and revealed that before she became one of the most recognizable teens in the world, she doubled as Taylor Swift’s manager. The two singers have been friends for a while and during an industry party at the Grammys a few years ago, a man […] (read more)
Wed, Nov 26, 2014
- 6 Artists You Need To Know From New Zealand (Other Than Lorde)
- Last week, the New Zealand Music Awards took place and it’s a no-brainer who swept the night: homegrown hero, Lorde. The international pop star took home six awards that night including a prestigious International Achievement Award. But while we all know and love Lorde, we wanted to dig a little deeper into the music scene […] (read more)
Tue, Nov 25, 2014
- Revisiting 2013: Where Last Year’s Biggest Stars Are Now!
- A lot can change in a year. Rising stars can go on to world domination, others disappear and become labeled one-hit wonders. Just take a moment and try to remember who the biggest stars from last year were and where they are now. Can’t remember? Well, we did it for you. Take a look below […] (read more)
Thu, Nov 20, 2014
- Lorde Continues To Slay Our Lives With Cover Of Jeremih’s Don’t Tell ‘Em
- Lorde is doing her share of the heavy promo tour lifting for next week’s Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 film release. The New Zealand teen curated the film’s soundtrack and supplied a new song herself with Yellow Flicker Beat, the first official release from the album, which is set to be released on Monday. Most […] (read more)
Fri, Nov 14, 2014
View More News »