Thankfully, Kelly Clarkson's childhood dream to be a marine biologist did not come true, and instead, she became a household name when her soulful voice captured the hearts and minds of millions when she was voted the American Idol in September of 2002.
The twenty-year-old from Texas performed live every week for ten weeks to an audience of 25 million on one of America's most successful TV show's ever. Besides the fact that Clarkson never had a professional singing lesson, she received 57% of the vote in... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- Kelly Clarkson Is The Queen Of Covers And You Know It
- Last week, we posted a video of Kelly Clarkson covering Sam Smith’s Stay With Me (and arguably one-upping the British singer) and now, we have yet another mind-blowing cover by the pop star. This time, she puts a dramatic flair to Taylor Swift’s hit single Shake It Off. Her version starts off with a smoky, […] (read more)
Mon, Oct 27, 2014
- Did Kelly Clarkson Just One-Up Sam Smith On Her Cover Of Stay With Me?
- Kelly Clarkson is a naturally talented singer and can probably sing the phone book and still make us cry. Those are just the facts. So when the pop star took on Sam Smith’s hit Stay With Me recently, she may have outdone the original with her own moving rendition. Clarkson’s cover of Stay With Me […] (read more)
Wed, Oct 22, 2014
- The most Star-filled versions of the Star Spangled Banner
- Our neighbours to the south have a lot to celebrate today. July 4th marks their Independence Day and they’re probably having one giant party in the U.S.A. And in honour of Independence Day we thought we’d show some neighbourly love with this mega list of celebrities singing the Star Spangled Banner. Happy Birthday America, now […] (read more)
Fri, Jul 04, 2014
- Listen to Avril Lavigne’s demo of Kelly Clarkson’s hit song Breakaway
- Avril Lavigne is credited as a writer for Kelly Clarkson’s 2004 hit song Breakaway because it was initially intended for Lavigne’s 2002 album Let Go. But when it was decided that the song wouldn’t suit the album, the track was passed on to the newly-crowned American Idol winner to record for the soundtrack of The […] (read more)
Wed, Apr 02, 2014
View More News »