Ten years after Pretty Hate Machine gave a comatose rock scene some much-needed electro-shock therapy, nine inch nails' imprint on the genre remains unmatchable. By popularizing electronic music, nine inch nails auteur Trent Reznor rewired the mainstream, inspiring Time magazine to name him "One of the Most Influential People in America," and Spin to praise him as "The Most Vital Artist in Music Today."
The Grammy Award-winning artist is once again forcing the genre's growth - and his own - by pushing bo... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- What Are The Best Pop Songs To Soothe A Crying Baby?
- Whether you’re spending your weekends babysitting rugrats or ended up making one yourself (Godspeed my friend), you know anything that helps stop a baby from crying is worth millions. Billions. A least a case of really nice beer. Thankfully, there’s YouTube, and with strange videos of people eating 500 Peeps in under two minutes and […] (read more)
Tue, Aug 12, 2014
- CRJ gets mashed up with NIN
- Alright, alright, alright. We know that Call Me Maybe has been done to death. But check out this mash-up with Nine Inch Nail’s Head Like a Hole with Carly Rae’s Call Me Maybe makes the totally good and oddly refreshing take Call Me A Hole. This actually might be one of our favourite takes yet […] (read more)
Tue, Mar 05, 2013
- M83 Set To Revive the Double Album
- The double album. It’s a bold, risky and often stupid artistic statement that very rarely hits the mark (if my math is correct, 23 percent it succeeds). Of course, we’re talking about the studio effort that was so epic it needed to be spread across two halves, not the “greatest hits,” singles or live collections […] (read more)
Fri, Aug 05, 2011
- The Wedge A.M. News Round Up: Trent Reznor Says Ignore CD Re-Issue
- Nine Inch Nails’ debut album, ‘Pretty Hate Machine?’ is being reissue by the label but NIN frontman Trent Reznor dissuades fans from buying the new version. Reznor tweeted that the re-release is, “a record label bullshit move repackaging the old version. Ignore please.” Read more at Exclaim! The Swans are back and set to record […] (read more)
Fri, Jul 15, 2011
View More News »