Ten years after Pretty Hate Machine gave a comatose rock scene some much-needed electro-shock therapy, nine inch nails' imprint on the genre remains unmatchable. By popularizing electronic music, nine inch nails auteur Trent Reznor rewired the mainstream, inspiring Time magazine to name him "One of the Most Influential People in America," and Spin to praise him as "The Most Vital Artist in Music Today."
The Grammy Award-winning artist is once again forcing the genre's growth - and his own - by pushing bo... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- Nine Inch Nails and Charli XCX Get In On Taylor Swift’s Shake It Off
- In 2013, we were blown away by YouTuber Isosine and their incredible mash-up of Miley Cyrus’ Wrecking Ball and Mumford and Sons Little Lion Man. It’s definitely worth a second look. Now Isosine has gone back in the vault for their next big mash-up, this time combining Nine Inch Nails’ 1997 song The Perfect Drug […] (read more)
Tue, Feb 10, 2015
- The Sheepdogs Curated A Playlist Just For You Featuring Beastie Boys, Busta Rhymes and More!
- The Sheepdogs have carved out their own spot in Canadian rock history, but did you know they’re also fans of Busta Rhymes? We got the Saskatoon rockers to curate a playlist just for you, which you can catch on Much tonight at 8E/5P, which is a surprisingly eclectic mix of artists and genres including Public […] (read more)
Sat, Nov 15, 2014
- What Are The Best Pop Songs To Soothe A Crying Baby?
- Whether you’re spending your weekends babysitting rugrats or ended up making one yourself (Godspeed my friend), you know anything that helps stop a baby from crying is worth millions. Billions. A least a case of really nice beer. Thankfully, there’s YouTube, and with strange videos of people eating 500 Peeps in under two minutes and […] (read more)
Tue, Aug 12, 2014
- CRJ gets mashed up with NIN
- Alright, alright, alright. We know that Call Me Maybe has been done to death. But check out this mash-up with Nine Inch Nail’s Head Like a Hole with Carly Rae’s Call Me Maybe makes the totally good and oddly refreshing take Call Me A Hole. This actually might be one of our favourite takes yet […] (read more)
Tue, Mar 05, 2013
View More News »