As a kid growing up on Australia's sun-drenched Gold Coast, Cody Simpson used to watch his father play guitar and sing for friends and family at parties and backyard barbecues. Seeing how music brought people together, Cody asked for his own guitar and lessons at the age of seven. After learning a few chords from his teacher, Cody wrote his first song. "It was about putting a diaper on a chicken," he says with a laugh. "Who knows what my seven-year-old brain was thinking?"
Cody's parents encouraged him to ... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- Don’t feel bad for Cody Simpson
- Last night’s Dancing With The Stars accomplished three things. One, it let me freak out over Disney songs without having to fly to Orlando and drop two large on a few days of rides with Mickey and Minnie. Two, it featured the first shocking elimination of the season, which succeeded in getting me officially hooked […] (read more)
Tue, Apr 15, 2014
- Cody Simpson takes us behind the scenes on his upcoming video for Surfboard
- Cody Simpson’s been kicking ass lately on the latest season of Dancing With The Stars, but as it’s been promoted many times on the dancing reality dancing show, Simpson’s also got a burgeoning music career as well. A few weeks ago, we gave you a new Cody Simpson song Surfboard, which obviously drew comparisons to […] (read more)
Wed, Apr 09, 2014
- Cody Simpson vs. Beyonce: who has the better “surfboard”?
- Beyonce claimed the word “surfboard” late last year with her hit single Drunk In Love. Memes and jokes have been made, the word is scrawled over her merchandise already and even Bey’s adorable daughter Blue Ivy says it like a catchphrase. That being said, though, pop star and new Dancing With the Stars cast member […] (read more)
Wed, Mar 19, 2014
- Dancing With The Stars casts Olympians, Winnie and Cody Simpson
- This season’s cast of Dancing With The Stars has been announced and there are definitely some trends in the casting. Athletes are heavily represented, with Olympians Charlie White, Meryl Davis, Amy Purdy, former NHL player Sean Avery and long distance swimmer Diana Nyad making up almost half of the couples. Former child stars Candace Cameron […] (read more)
Tue, Mar 04, 2014
View More News »