When electro-rock sensation Lights first hit the music scene in 2008, she was just a songwriter with a synth and a dream. Her name may have been pluralized but Lights Poxleitner was a one-woman show who played and programmed her own instruments and sang her own lyrics.
This admirable self-reliance is rare in pop-in fact, Lights, signed a publishing deal at 16 and began writing songs for other artists-but after her 2008 self-titled debut EP (precocious enough to earn her a best new artist Juno) and gold... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- Yassss! Lights Releases ‘Up We Go’ and Announces ‘Little Machines’
- Just six months after giving birth to her first child, Lights is back with a brand new album and sound for her third studio disc. The Canadian pop star has been giving fans a heads up to the announcement on her Instagram page, with a 10 day countdown signaling big news ahead. The final day, […] (read more)
Wed, Jul 23, 2014
- How out of this world is Ariana Grande’s Break Free lyric video?
- In a galaxy, well, right here, Ariana Grande has released her Star Wars-themed lyric video for Break Free. The high-energy Zedd collaboration will be getting the galactic treatment according to Ariana and her Instagram teaser pics, and the lyric video appears to be keeping in with the space-travel theme. Grande is of course not the […] (read more)
Tue, Jul 08, 2014
- #TBT Juno Awards Edition
- The 2014 Juno Awards take place this Sunday in Winnipeg and will be hosted by Juno winners Serena Ryder, Classified and Johnny Reid. The night of Canadian music celebration has a star-studded line up of performers, including Sarah McLachlan, One Republic, Arcade Fire, Robin Thicke, Tegan & Sara, Walk Off the Earth, Matt Mays, The […] (read more)
Thu, Mar 27, 2014
- Plan your Canada Day weekend accordingly: Scene Fest just announced their lineup!
- We know there’s a lot of music festivals to keep track of this coming summer, if summer ever arrives, but one you should definitely mark down on your calendar ASAP is this year’s Scene Music Festival. Taking place June 28 and 29 at Montebello Park and downtown St. Catharines, Ontario, the annual fest has announced […] (read more)
Mon, Mar 24, 2014
View More News »