When electro-rock sensation Lights first hit the music scene in 2008, she was just a songwriter with a synth and a dream. Her name may have been pluralized but Lights Poxleitner was a one-woman show who played and programmed her own instruments and sang her own lyrics.
This admirable self-reliance is rare in pop-in fact, Lights, signed a publishing deal at 16 and began writing songs for other artists-but after her 2008 self-titled debut EP (precocious enough to earn her a best new artist Juno) and gold... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- Deadmau5, Lights And More Added To The List Of Performers At This Year’s Juno Awards
- The Juno Awards are less than a month away and the list of performers just got more awesome: Deadmau5, Lights, Sam Roberts Band and Alanis Morissette have just been added! The four newly announced acts will join previously announced performers Hedley, Kiesza, The Arkells, MAGIC!, and Shawn Mendes in Hamilton on March 15. Morissette is […] (read more)
Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Lights Curated The Perfect Party Playlist Just For You!
- Earlier this week, we premiered Lights’ brand new music video for Running With Boys, a fun-in-the-sun clip that made us crave for the warm, sunny days of summer. And while we can’t make that dream a reality, we can give you more from our fave Canadian artist, Lights! Today, we will be airing Lights’ personal […] (read more)
Wed, Jan 28, 2015
- Video Premiere: Dream Of Summer With Lights In ‘Running With The Boys’
- We miss summer (read more)
Mon, Jan 26, 2015
- Lights Brings Her Illuminating Set To Toronto
- Lights has long been a fixture here at Much, from the moment we saw her music video for February Air to our daily spins of her latest single, Up We Go. Her confident brand of electro-pop has solidified her as a bonafide star in Canada and beyond and the singer had a homecoming of sorts […] (read more)
Mon, Oct 27, 2014
View More News »