You thought the platinum-selling Masterpiece Theatre was ambitious? Just wait.
"It's definitely more epic," says Josh Ramsay, emphatically, of the upcoming Marianas Trench album, Ever After. Ramsay and his three bandmates, Matt Webb, Michael Ayley, and Ian Casselman, have been holed up in the frontman's studio since they wrapped up some long and hard roadwork at the end of 2010, and his creative juices were obviously starting to leak. Based on what they've done so far, Ever After is going to be massive... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- #TBT Juno Awards Edition
- The 2014 Juno Awards take place this Sunday in Winnipeg and will be hosted by Juno winners Serena Ryder, Classified and Johnny Reid. The night of Canadian music celebration has a star-studded line up of performers, including Sarah McLachlan, One Republic, Arcade Fire, Robin Thicke, Tegan & Sara, Walk Off the Earth, Matt Mays, The […] (read more)
Thu, Mar 27, 2014
- Plan your Canada Day weekend accordingly: Scene Fest just announced their lineup!
- We know there’s a lot of music festivals to keep track of this coming summer, if summer ever arrives, but one you should definitely mark down on your calendar ASAP is this year’s Scene Music Festival. Taking place June 28 and 29 at Montebello Park and downtown St. Catharines, Ontario, the annual fest has announced […] (read more)
Mon, Mar 24, 2014
- Why watch movies when you can watch these music video homages instead
- Music videos draw inspiration from a number of things, but one thing we’re constantly impressed by are homages to our fave films. Whether it’s recreating entire scenes from classic flicks or just dressing up and pretending to be these characters, there have been a number of artists who have clearly studied their film inspirations. Here’s […] (read more)
Thu, Mar 20, 2014
- Marianas Trench’s Matt Webb is back with a new EP — listen to it now!
- Back in 2011, Marianas Trench guitarist Matt Webb branched off on his own and released a solo album called Coda and Jacket. The diverse sounds on his album stretched beyond his band’s hyper pop-rock anthems and found the singer-songwriter exploring things you rarely find on a Marianas Trench record: softer melodies, a distinct synth groove […] (read more)
Fri, Jan 31, 2014
View More News »