Solo projects are inherently a risk. Traditionally, few members of any prominent band have seen success in this sort of undertaking, and even fewer have enjoyed both critical and commercial success. Add to this the bizarre notion of creating stripped-down music that doesn't even reference the original band's genre, and you certainly have less examples of success to point to.
Until a couple of years ago, Dallas Green was better known as the dulcet voice of Alexisonfire. The band's feverish live shows and ... (read more)
Recent Red Hot Much News
- Metric, City and Colour, Tokyo Police Club and More Cap Off This Year’s Riot Fest Toronto
- Riot Fest Toronto concluded with a star-studded day two line up that included Canadian bands Metric, City and Colour, The New Pornographers, Tokyo Police Club and Stars. That’s not all, though! The National, Die Antwoord and Death Cab For Cutie rounded out the bill, plus this marks one of Death Cab For Cutie’s last shows […] (read more)
Mon, Sep 08, 2014
- Here’s An Unlikely But Wonderful Collab: P!nk And Dallas Green!
- We don’t know which music gods put this heavenly collaboration together, but we’re thanking them right now. City and Colour’s Dallas Green has teamed up with pop star P!nk on a new project called You + Me. The pair plan to release a debut album called Rose Ave. on October 14 and you can check […] (read more)
Mon, Sep 08, 2014
- Here’s a weekend treat for you: a new City and Colour music video!
- City and Colour recently announced that he would be pulling out of this year’s JUNO Awards show in order to hopefully give room for newcomers (C&C wasn’t nominated for anything this year). It’s super gracious of frontman Dallas Green to do so, but fear not, we won’t be completely deprived of City and Colour goodness […] (read more)
Sat, Feb 15, 2014
- City & Colour pulls out of Junos performance — who do you think should replace him?
- This week, the Juno Awards announced its nominees and performers and we were not only stoked to see our fave artists like Arcade Fire and Serena Ryder rack up the nods, but we were super excited to see who will take the stage on March 30. But today, singer-songwriter Dallas Green a.k.a. City & Colour […] (read more)
Fri, Feb 07, 2014
View More News »